Introduction: Checkit App v2.4
Checkit Work Management is evolving!
We are releasing a new version of our checklist application.
- Expanded set of features
- Available for the first time both on our Memo device and on customers’ own Android devices (BYOD).
This note explains the new release features to users of the app and how to configure them
(where applicable). (Note, not all new features will be available to Solo and Solo+ customers.)
Changes in this release V2.4
Where the Customer has the Photo setting enabled, a new feature is now included - the ability
to scan barcode values into a Text Check. More details below.
Manual Temperature check
It is now possible to enable use of the Customer’s own probes, with the ability to manually enter
the measured temperature. This will support Trial use of the App without the the Checkit probe.
More details below.
AM alerts now default to the parent location of the App. This means that Sensor alerts are
shown for all locations from the parent location downwards. Alternatively, the Sensor alert
location for an App can be set to any location on request via Checkit Customer Services to
Checkit 3rd line support.
Technical changes for Customer Service awareness
- Reference to Safety Manager changed to Process Manager
- WiFi Diagnostics - intended to be used as directed by Checkit CS, this new capability in the diagnostics mode checks the device can reach the internet and the Checkit Cloud, and provides details of the WiFi connection.
- Privacy text is included, with a link to the Checkit Terms of Service.
- Multiple Alerts for Checkpoints are not sent
- Backup database - completed checks are stored in a separate database on the device for up to 3 months. These records can only be extracted by Checkit 3rd line support
should there be a requirement to recover data.
- A warning step is added for Reset installation
- The required permission to access a device’s Contact List has been removed
- Incomplete Follow Up Checklists are removed under certain circumstances
- Other UI Changes (probe image; hide report sensors, Alert Locations and Alert Teams
reports in CC)
More Details on new Features
Where the Customer has the Photo setting enabled, a new feature is now included - the ability to scan barcode values into a Text Check.
- Any Text Check has an attachment symbol - the blue paperclip icon. This includes the
- Select Scan and move the device to focus on the required barcode.
- The value is automatically recognised and saved into the Text Field. Press OK to Save.
- Both Barcodes and QR codes can be read.
An example check where a Barcode value can be scanned for the Supplier invoice number:
Select the attachment icon, then Scan:
Focus on the Barcode (or QR code) to be scanned… The screenshot shows just before the
image focuses, as the recognition step is very quick:
As soon as the App focuses, the Barcode value is read into the Check text field:
Manual Temperature check
It is now possible to enable use of the Customer’s own probes, with the ability to manually enter the measured temperature. This will support Trial use of the App without the the Checkit probe.
The Customer has to have the Manual Temperature setting. (Via Checkit Customer Service to Checkit 3rd line Support).
Then the Control Centre “What” screen shows an additional option on Temperature Checks - Manual Temperature Check. If this is selected, then when this Check appears on the App, the user can manually enter the temperature.
Manual Temperature entry: